Kvicksilvret steg mot 38.... inte sa kul att trampa pedal da inte.... Denna o ar bilfri, sa alla cyklar. Nar man motte folk sa viftades det hej villt med handerna. "ah, va trevliga alla ar och hejar hela tiden" tankte jag.... men icke, det var ju flugorna sa klart! ;)
I made a two day trip to Rottnest Island. It was a package which included ferry, bike+helmet (the size was pefect, wasn't it...? hahaha!) and one night at a hostel. Price in euro: 60. Not bad at all. The first day was quite horrible.... the temperature went upp to 38 degrees Celcius (100 F). You could be doing nicer things than be pedaling around an islang without any trees, therefor no shade.... The other thing was the flyes! I had 20-30 around me all the time! And as soon as you saw some other people, everyone was waving their hand like crazy, and I thought "what a buch of nice people, waving Hi to me", but NO, that was ofcourse to keep the damn flyes away! hahaha :)
On the island there was only one restaurant and one cafe. You had to bring food and water when you took off on your bike. And after seeing this sign, I thought every single branch on the ground was a poisonous snake!! I saw many branches.... but not a single snake!
I had breakfast at the Dome cafe. Of course I got a new friend that morning....
The quokkas is under threat of extermination and these cute animals are living on the island!
I went around almost the whole island. I went up at 06 am and I had all the beaches to myself! I went swimming at Parker Point and Ricey Beach. Wonderful water and not a single fly that day.....